英文演講好難?從歐巴馬演講學名句,讓你不再害怕開口!
圖片來源:stocksnap.io
美國總統歐巴馬(Barack Obama)擁有超凡的演說技巧,透過眼神和肢體動作散發魅力,擄獲許多支持者的心,首先來點輕鬆的,來看看歐巴馬在最後一次白宮晚宴上做了什麼驚人舉動:
歐巴馬最後一次白宮記者會的超幽默告別演說!(‘Obama out’: President Obama gets last laugh at ‘Nerd Prom’)
1. 跟觀眾互動、擄獲支持者的心
Audience: I love you!
觀眾:我愛你!
The President: I love you back.
總統:我也愛你!
歐巴馬最擅長這種和台下觀眾互動的橋段,總是能用幽默的言語回應,就來看看他如何以幽默和真誠打動觀眾:
歐巴馬於摩爾豪斯學院畢業致詞(President Obama Delivers Morehouse College Commencement Address)
2. 榮幸參與盛會
It is one of the great honors of my life to be able to address this gathering here today.
我必須說,能在這個集會上致詞是我畢生最大的榮幸之一。
3. 介紹與會貴賓
We have your outstanding mayor, Mr. Kasim Reed, in the house.
今天與我們一同出席的有傑出的市長 Kasim Reed 先生。
4. 對⋯表達誠摯的感謝
I would not be standing here tonight without the unyielding support of my best friend for the last 16 years, the rock of our family, the love of my life, the nation’s next first lady — Michelle Obama.
要不是我16年來的摯友、家庭堅固的基石、對人生的熱愛和美國下一任總統夫人蜜雪兒‧歐巴馬,我今晚就不會站在這裡 (勝選之夜)。
來聽聽歐巴馬總統在2008年勝選之夜影片 3:34 秒處,如何感人肺腑的說出他對摯友以及家庭的感謝,也試試模仿他的發音,將會對英語演講有幫助喔:
首位非裔美國總統誕生!歐巴馬勝選演說(Barack Obama’s Election Night Speech 2008)
5. 賦予希望
On this day, we gather because we have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord.
就在今天,我們齊聚一堂,因為我們選擇擁抱希望而非恐懼;我們選擇團結而不願挑起衝突及任何不和諧。
6. 美好的時代來臨
The time has come to reaffirm our enduring spirit.
是時候重申我們堅韌的精神。
7. 強調一路艱難
Our journey has never been one of shortcuts or settling for less.
這趟旅程從未有捷徑,也不願有一絲絲妥協。
8. 重振旗鼓
Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America.
從今天起,我們必須重振旗鼓,拍掉身上的灰塵,並開展重建美國的大工程。
9. 使命必達的決心
All this we can do. All this we will do.
這些 (指的是政策) 我們全都做得到,而且我們一定會做到。
10. 反恐
For those who seek to advance their aims by inducing terror and slaughtering innocents, we say to you now that, “Our spirit is stronger and cannot be broken. You cannot outlast us.”
而對於那些尋求推進其目的、煽動恐怖和屠殺無辜的恐怖份子,鄭重告訴你:我們的精神堅定,絕不會輕易被打敗,你們絕對無法拖垮我們的。
11. 勇於接受挑戰
Our challenges may be new, the instruments with which we meet them may be new, but those values upon which our success depends, honesty and hard work, courage and fair play, tolerance and curiosity, loyalty and patriotism — these things are old.
我們面臨的挑戰或許變幻莫測,要接的招或許很難掌握,但這些都是為何足以成功的真諦:那些真誠對待與辛勤工作、勇氣與公平待遇、容忍的美德與好奇心、忠心與愛國情操-這些都是亙古不變的精神。