為提供您更多優質的內容,本網站使用 cookies 分析技術。若繼續閱覽本網站內容,即表示您同意我們使用 cookies,關於更多 cookies 資訊請閱讀我們的 隱私權政策
線上課程
每日5分鐘
技能飆升中
2010台北國際花卉博覽會,展出世界優秀園藝專業,尤其是主辦國的花卉產業與文化成就。新欄位登場!「上班族酷英語」是由《Cheers》雜誌與英國文化協會英語教學團隊聯合製作的有聲專欄,你可以透過雜誌學習本月最in的社交字彙,再連上Cheers網站,收聽外籍老師對話,讓你不用出國,英語也能頂呱呱!
邀老外遊花博

這句英文怎麼說?最實用、最生活、最好玩!Cheers網站收錄當月朗讀錄音檔,線上立即聽,讓你輕鬆學英文!‧立即下載

Theme 本月主題

What? - It's the Taipei International Flora Exposition. 
事件:2010台北國際花卉博覽會

Where? - Taipei, Taiwan, at places around the city.
地點:台北市區

When? - November 6, 2010 – April 25, 2011.
時間:2010年11月6日至2011年4月25日

Why? - To celebrate plants and flowers from all over the world – and especially from Taiwan!
目的:展出世界優秀園藝專業,尤其是主辦國的花卉產業與文化成就。

Dialogue 對話

Dave: Hey Laura, how's it going? 
大衛:嗨!羅拉,最近過得如何?

Laura: Not too bad. Yourself?   
羅拉:還不錯,你呢?

Dave: Cool, thanks. Listen, do you want to hang out at the weekend?  
大衛:不賴,謝謝問候。對了,你週末要不要出來晃晃?

Laura: Yeah, sure. Are you doing anything special? 
羅拉:很樂意。你有什麼好建議呢?

Dave: Well, me and some friends are going to the Taipei Flora Expo. It's the first time Taipei has held an international exposition, and it's going to be as amazing as the Shanghai World Expo. Do you want to come?
大衛:我和朋友打算去看花博,這是台北首次舉辦國際性展覽,聽說內容跟上海世博一樣精采。你想要一起來嗎?

Laura: Well... I'm not really into flowers. Is there anything else to see there?
羅拉:嗯……我對花不是很有興趣。有其他有趣的東西可以看嗎?

Dave: Are you joking? There's loads of other stuff to see. It'll be fun! All together there are four areas. We're going to check out the global garden area, and there's a technology pavilion too, with interactive displays. If you're interested, we can also visit the pavilion with Taiwanese edible plants – it's got loofah gourds, longan berries, basil, water spinach and more!
大衛:你在開玩笑嗎?花博有好多東西可以參觀而且都非常有趣。共有4個展區,我們計畫參觀國際園藝花卉區,另外,數位互動展館還有互動顯示器。如果你有興趣,我們還可以去看本土花卉展區,有台灣特有食用植物,例如絲瓜、龍眼、九層塔、空心菜等。

Laura: It does sound amazing. I guess I can make it after all.
羅拉:聽起來很精采。我想我可以加入你們。

Dave: Great! We're going to spend the afternoon looking around the expo, and afterwards we can check out Taipei Fine Arts Museum nearby. We're meeting there at 11 o'clock on Saturday. It'll probably be really crowded and we might have to queue up for tickets, so remember to be there on time!
大衛:太好了!參觀花博需要花費一個下午的時間,結束之後還可以去附近的台北市立美術館晃晃。我們約星期日11點在那見面。當天人潮擁擠,可能要排隊購票,記得要準時赴約!

Laura: OK. See you there!   
羅拉:好的,到時候見囉!

Dave: See you!   
大衛:再見!

Keywords 字彙

to hang out – to do things together
=與朋友一起消磨時間
We usually hang out in the cafe near our office after work.

Taipei Flora Expo – Exposition
=台北國際花卉博覽會

Shanghai World Expo
=上海世博

to (not) be into – to (not) like
=對……有(沒有)興趣
I used to love computer games, but I'm not into them anymore.

pavilion – covered area for a display
=(博覽會)展示館
I hear the Taipei Pavilion at the Shanghai World Expo was really impressive.

interactive displays – screens and information that you can do things with
=互動顯示器
These days, museums don't just have boring written information--they have interactive displays to explain things.

to check out – to have a look
=瞧一瞧,看一下
We should check out the new department store this weekend.

edible – things you can eat
=可食的
You can't cook with car oil – it's not edible.

to spend (time)
=花費(時間)
I usually spend about an hour on the internet in the evening.

crowded – with too many people
=人潮擁擠
I hate taking the MRT in the morning – it's really crowded!

to queue up – to line up
=排隊
I had to queue up for two hours at the airport.

to be there on time – to not be late
=準時赴約
If we don't drive faster, we won't be there on time!

延伸閱讀

  1. 1 如何帶領外國客戶遊覽台北 Visiting Taipei 101
  2. 2 打開你的「英語腦」:別再用「中文腦」學英文
  3. 3 “I will tell you in good time”不是等好時機才告訴你
  4. 4 害怕開英文會議?掌握8個實用的會議英文,讓你輕鬆開會
  5. 5 從花蓮到世界 慈濟大學如何培養 AI 時代改變世界的人才

你可能有興趣的